News and Articles for the next XMPP Newsletter
Here you can submit news items for inclusion in the next XMPP Newsletter (as managed by the CommTeam).
What determines relevancy?
The submission must ideally be a blog or article about XMPP/Jabber and/or XMPP-based software (clients, servers, libs).
Some exceptions might be made, for example for a release page showing a new release of some XMPP-based software.
However, marketing brochures (e.g. single-page marketing sites) for new products which don't contain information on XMPP, won't be included.
- Instant Messenger Hell https://petermolnar.net/instant-messenger-hell/
- SMACK releases: https://discourse.igniterealtime.org/t/smack-4-2-3-and-4-3-0-beta1-released/80898
- Jabber Spam Fighting Manifesto: https://github.com/ge0rg/jabber-spam-fighting-manifesto / announcement: https://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/operators/2018-February/003039.html
- XMPP Manifesto for freedom: https://gitlab.com/senpie/xmpp-manifesto-for-freedom
- XMPP made simple http://www.blikoontech.com/tutorials/xmpp-made-simple-roster-and-presence-explained
- On the demise of Slack's IRC / XMPP gateways
- "The register article on Slack dropping XMPP" https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/03/09/slack_cuts_ties_to_irc_and_xmpp/
- Spectrum2 supports Slack https://spectrum.im/documentation/frontends/slack.html (Not new, but maybe related to Slack's XMPP drop)
- Biboumi - A XMPP - IRC Gateway https://copyninja.info/blog/xmpp-irc-gateway.html
- Pidgin 2.13.0 has been released https://pidgin.im/pipermail/announce/2018-March/000020.html
- Slack's XMPP fails https://cweiske.de/tagebuch/slack-xmpp.htm
- Gajim 1.0.0 ChangeLog: https://dev.gajim.org/gajim/gajim/blob/gajim-1.0.0/ChangeLog
- Swift 4.0 release: https://swift.im/docs/changelog-4-0.html
- Authentication with XMPP https://blog.agayon.be/xmpp_auth_django_demo.html
- Openfire 4.2.3 has been released. https://discourse.igniterealtime.org/t/openfire-4-2-3-release/81123