To contributors, editors, reviewers, translators
What determines relevancy?
The submission must ideally be a blog or article about XMPP/Jabber and/or XMPP-based software (clients, servers, libs).
Some exceptions might be made, for example for a release page showing a new release of some XMPP-based software.
However, marketing brochures (e.g. single-page marketing sites) for new products which don't contain information on XMPP, won't be included.
Make sure you read the Basic communication guide for XMPP techies
- Link collection: duration 1 month
- Read and validate the content
- Include the reporters credits!
- Check that it's not duplicate, and in the correct section
- Copywrite so each content is readable by humans: duration 1 week
- Add links
- Add images
- Add CTAs
- Carefully craft the subject/title line, and the preview text (first lines that are sometimes previewed on email UAs)
- Include the copywriters credits!
- PR on website git repo for blog post (Markdown, Pelican): duration the week-end before posting
- Include Pelican header: date, time, file name
- Need at least 2 or 3 peer reviews
- Include the reviewers credits!
- Sending the newsletter: on D-day
- Copy-paste Newsletter on Tinyletter
- Test it (peer review is not yet done)
- Send it
- Blog post: PR merge and deploy on website git repo on D-day
- Social media posts
- Metrics/analytics in CommTeam MUC
- Twitter monthly metrics
- Newsletter analytics
- Propose schedule for next issue
- Translations: after D-day
- 2020-02-24 Mon: copywriting starts
- 2020-02-28 Thu: end of link submission, PR on GitHub (during XMPP Summit)
- 2020-03-03 Tue: newsletter publication, blog post, promotion tweets
- XMPP Newsletter November 2019
- XMPP Newsletter December 2019
- XMPP Newsletter January 2020
- XMPP Newsletter February 2020
- XMPP Newsletter March 2020
- XMPP Newsletter April 2020
- XMPP Newsletter May 2020