Matthew Wild for Council 2014
My name is Matthew Wild (and sometimes 'MattJ'), and I am located in the United Kingdom. I have been an XSF member since January 2008.
Me and XMPP
My main work at the moment, since launching the project in 2008, is in leading the development of Prosody, a lightweight XMPP server. For details of my other XMPP-related work, feel free to browse my XSF membership applications.
I have been elected a council member for five terms and am standing again with the aim of continuing the work we have been doing.
Very much in line with my software development principles, I favour XEPs that:
- Are as small (limited in scope) and as simple as possible, but obviously no simpler
- Allow for fast and efficient implementations; for servers especially, but also clients
- Don't needlessly duplicate existing protocols in use
- Have working existing or proof-of-concept implementations
I believe I have met these goals in specifications I have authored, including:
- XEP-0297: Stanza Forwarding
- XEP-0313: Message Archive Management
- XEP-0334: Message Processing Hints
- XEP-0335: JSON Containers
- XEP-0352: Client State Indication
If you agree with the above then yay, you found a reason to vote for me!