Matthew Wild Application 2021
My name is Matthew Wild, and I am located in the United Kingdom. I work with XMPP for fun and for food, and I have founded multiple open-source XMPP projects such as Prosody, Snikket and the Modern XMPP documentation project.
If you are interested in how I became involved in XMPP, please read my initial application. In particular my long-term goal stated there is still in progress.
- Since launching Snikket at FOSDEM 2020, the project continues to grow. I hope that it will become a user-friendly "gateway" into the XMPP ecosystem.
- I worked with the IETF to set up a modern XMPP service for attendees of the virtual IETF meeting.
- Backported the invite-based onboarding process from Snikket to Prosody, making it easier for people to sign up for XMPP.
- Snikket, an easy-to-use XMPP distribution for non-XMPP people
- ModernXMPP, a project to fill the gaps between XEPs and help developers build modern user-friendly clients using XMPP.
- Scansion, an automated XMPP client (e.g. for integration testing)
- Prosody, an XMPP server for human beings
- I actively participate in the development of the XMPP protocol and its extensions.
- I served many years on the XSF technical council, and am currently in my fifth term as a member of the foundation's board.
- MattJ in firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jabber/email: me (at) matthewwild.co.uk