|This wiki is a sandbox for work on the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol or XMPP, provided for public use by the XSF. To obtain an account on this wiki, ask someone in the firstname.lastname@example.org chatroom for help (sorry, we don't allow open registration because we're trying to avoid the spammers).
More in-depth (though unfinished yet) articles:
- Core - Information about the core XMPP technologies for XML streaming.
- BOSH - An HTTP binding for XMPP (and other) traffic.
- Jingle - SIP-compatible multimedia signalling for voice, video, file transfer, and other applications.
- Multi-User Chat - Flexible, multi-party communication.
- PubSub - Alerts and notifications for data syndication, rich presence, and more.
- Reliability - AMP, message receipts, stream management, Ping, keepalive, etc.
- Privacy - Presence subscriptions, privacy lists, simple communication blocking, etc.
- Admin - DNS SRV, certificates, etc.
- Disco - What is this "disco" thing?
- XMPP URIs - What is it?
- SRV Records - What is it? How to add them for my domain?
- OTR - What is it? How to use?
- Securing XMPP - What is it? How? The encrypted XMPP network +
- Securing DNS - What is it? How?
- IoT systems - NEW exciting movement of instant messaging to Internet of Things.
Talk with us?