Joachim Lindborg Application 2017
I'm Joachim Lindborg Geolocated in Uppsala Sweden I have been working with XMPP since 2011 and applied to XSF first time in 2012. Since then I'm convinced that it would be a perfect match for use in the Internet of things as the tool to make the systems interoperable.
Dedicated to work with innovative technologies around energy efficiency, visualisations and smart energy usage and the emerging technologies for advanced energy control both in private and in commercial with the drive towards smart customers on a global market. (copy from last year but still stands)
What I've been doing
I'm always advocating the usage of XMPP in IoT as much as I can.
- I have had presentations on fosdem 2014,2015 and sessions on the XMPP summit Slidesvideoradio
- I'm organizing the Swedish Global IoT day We have Intel as sponsor and have for example connected Intel Edison boards to XMPP-IoT infrastructure.
- Upnp has released the Upnp+ framework which uses XMPP internally.
- Work done on SleekXMPPimplementation for IoT xep 323 and 325
- Working with IEEE in two groups IEEE21451-1-4 and CSHBA
- I maintain XMPP-IOT.org website to explain the IoT concepts
- Mentoring Adhish Singla on his GSOC IoT project.
Why I Am reapplying for XSF Membership
I am now in my sixth year as XSF member. I still believe in the usage of XMPP for IoT. It always takes longer time than one think to get something working but XMPP is part of the IoT world now and I would like to continue that work.
During 2018 I will (in non prioritised order)
- Continue the http://XMPP-IoT.org website work with more code and application examples
- Push my SleekXMPP code into the master branch IoT xep 323 and 325
- Continue the IEEE work on P21451-1-4
- I'm involved in the open connectivity foundation and will continue to look into their usage of XMPP
- Get another Global IoT day 2018 going
last applications to XSF
http://wiki.xmpp.org/web/Joachim_Lindborg_Application_2012 http://wiki.xmpp.org/web/Joachim_Lindborg_Application_2013 http://wiki.xmpp.org/web/Joachim_Lindborg_Application_2014 http://wiki.xmpp.org/web/Joachim_Lindborg_Application_2015 http://wiki.xmpp.org/web/Joachim_Lindborg_Application_2016
User_page: Jocke XMPP: firstname.lastname@example.org LinkedIn: profile private firm Lindborg Systems in Sweden