We're getting close! See the Website-migration-plan for details...
If you'd like to help, please:
- Create a Drupal account at stage.jabber.org
- Start hanging out in the chatroom firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the webteam discussion list
- Add your name to the Jabber.org Team Roster
- End Users (main focus)
- Server Admins
Current Site Statistics
See Current Site Statistics in July 2007 What do we need on the site for what target group?
Sections and Pages
You can find all the details on the wiki See Jabber.org relaunch navigation
Other focus points
- Great layout/design/corporate identity
- Keep it simple, trivial to navigate, use and update
- Client database (features, website, platform, etc)
- Library and component databases
- Server database (from xmpp.net)
- Internationalized versions? (i.e. same site in French/Spanish/German/etc.)
- XMPP tools (Like transport registration, vcard editing, etc)
- Features like HTTP-Auth_suite
- Web-based messenger
- Registry of MUC rooms
- Jabber user directory (profiles with map integration)
- Drupal (CMS)
- MediaWiki (integrated into Drupal) to facilitate collaboration on content?
- Custom Drupal modules i.e. for client database
- Flyspray (issue tracker)
Content Starting Points, Examples
- Full-Time Jabber: Explains the basic ideas behind jabber
- Jabber Australia: Good example of a user centric jabber site
- What the f*ck is Jabber?: Very good site that explains Jabber to Aunt Tilly. It's in Dutch, but there are sufficient people that can help translating if needed. The content probably may be used if we ask the author of that site (I know him).
- I'll be happy to contribute any usable content for this website that I wrote on the ejabberd website, the Coccinella website, and other projects. I can relicense all code (if still needed) under http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/ Maybe it is a good idea to collect other people that also want to contribute existing information...
- Jabber history: This project is intended to move to the new community infrastructure when it is made available.
Design proposals (content is only placeholder!)
- Front page "Get Jabber" -> Wizard
- Wizard1: Do you have an account?
- Wizard2: Choose server and register
- Wizard3: Choose client and set it up
- The client node
design update illustrations
There is an extra Mindmap page now.
Client page mockup - Testing a conception, will send to the list :)