Difference between revisions of "Grégoire Menuel Application 2006"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
My name is
My name is Menuel, and I'm applying to become a member of the JSF.
== History ==
== History ==
Latest revision as of 20:21, 24 July 2010
My name is Grégoire Menuel, and I'm applying to become a member of the JSF.
I'm a 20 years old student, I study computer science and telecommunication. My school is located in Lyon, France, but I currently live in Karlsruhe, Germany, I'll be staying here for a year.
I use jabber for three years, and I'm an active member of the French-speaking jabber community JabberFR
Jabber servers administration
I'm currently administrating two Jabber servers :
- A small one for my school (~ 10 concurrent online users)
- The biggest french jabber server : jabber.fr/im.apinc.org. This server is maintained by a team of administrator and have around one thousand concurrent online users.
I haven't code much for jabber yet. The two main pieces of software I've worked on are :
- Neutron, a jabber bot, that I've enhanced for serving the purpose of JabberFR. It can for the moment send notification when a wiki page is changed (see this pages in french for more information : http://wiki.jabberfr.org/RobotJabberFR , some of the information may be slightly outdated).
- Mu-conference : I've been lately submitting quite a lot of patches that improved this component, unfortunately I haven't got any news from the mu-conference developer.
I've also implemented the socks5 file transfer to the python XMPP library xmpp.py, unfortunately my code have never been accepted. The modified version of xmpp.py is still available : http://gpl.insa-lyon.fr/~omega/xmpppy-ft.tar.gz
I'm also one of the administrator of JabberFR, and I give lots of Jabber related advices both on the forum and in the chatroom (email@example.com).
Plans for the future
I'd like to continue to improve mu-conference, and I may rewrite the JabberFR bot using the Twisted framework.
Why I'm applying
For the moment I haven't be much involved in the JSF discussions, even if I follow the discussions on the Standards JID list. I'd like to be much more involved in the decisions about Jabber/XMPP.
- Mail : gregoire DOT menuel AT gmail DOT com
- JID : omega AT im.apinc.org