Difference between revisions of "Florian Zeitz Application 2010"
(New page: ==vCard-ish== * '''Name:''' Florian Zeitz * '''Nick:''' Florob * '''E-Mail:''' [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com] * '''JID:''' [xmpp:firstname.lastname@example.org florob@babel...)
Latest revision as of 22:06, 24 July 2010
- Name: Florian Zeitz
- Nick: Florob
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- JID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Current Occupation: Student at the RWTH Aachen (Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Engineering)
XMPP Related Activities
- Running an XMPP-Server for myself and some friends (admittedly small deployment)
- Written some code for Gajim. Mostly PEP related, including support for User Nickname and User Location (receiving part)
- Working on Ad-Hoc Command support for Prosody
- Some (mostly unfinished) work on web applications
- Annoying people by pointing out XMPP related bugs in their code (lately mostly people not answering to IQs)
- At least trying to answer questions and be helpful in email@example.com
Why I am applying
I have long been a fan of open distributed systems. I think it is very important that everybody can use a service they can rely on and trust. I personally think the best way to ensure that is using your own server or one administered by a friend. XMPP fits this bill very well for IM and that is the original reason I got involved with the XMPP community. I have since found it very exciting to see technology grow and working with the XSF exchanging views on how protocol extensions should work on e.g. the standards@ ML.
Right now my long term pet project is trying to add extensions to the XMPP stack that allow us to build a complete social network (similar to what facebook, myspace, etc. already are) on XMPP. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of time to heavily pursue this right now (Working on Prosody's Ad-Hoc support has proven as a more chunkable occupation for now ;) ).
I would however be more than happy to work with the technical review team on improving existing and upcoming technology in this and other fields.