Difference between revisions of "Conferences/Summit 15"

From XMPP WIKI
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Created page with "= XMPP Summit 15 = The XMPP Standards Foundation (XSF) will hold its 15th XMPP Summit on January 30+31 2014 the days before https://fosdem.org/2014/ The Summit will be held...")
 
m (Pep. moved page Summit 15 to Conferences/Summit 15)
 
(107 intermediate revisions by 13 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
 +
{{event}}
 +
 
= XMPP Summit 15 =
 
= XMPP Summit 15 =
  
The XMPP Standards Foundation (XSF) will hold its 15th XMPP Summit on January 30+31 2014 the days before [[https://fosdem.org/2014/]]
+
The XMPP Standards Foundation (XSF) will hold its 15th XMPP Summit on January 30+31 2014 the days before [[FOSDEM_2014|FOSDEM 2014]].
  
The Summit will be held at Cisco Systems Belgium's offices in [http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Cisco+Systems,+Diegem&ll=50.886805,4.448583&spn=0.002562,0.003691&hq=Cisco,+Diegem&radius=15000&t=h&z=18&vpsrc=6 Diegem] (just outside Brussels and accessible via local train from the city center).
 
  
 
If you would like to participate in the Summit, please join the [http://mail.jabber.org/mailman/listinfo/summit summit@xmpp.org discussion list] and post with your participation request. Space is not infinite, but we will try to accommodate all requests.
 
If you would like to participate in the Summit, please join the [http://mail.jabber.org/mailman/listinfo/summit summit@xmpp.org discussion list] and post with your participation request. Space is not infinite, but we will try to accommodate all requests.
  
 +
= Meeting Notes =
 +
[[Summit_15_Minutes]]
  
 
= Agenda =
 
= Agenda =
  
suggestion from Joachim Lindborg:
+
Possible topics:
IoT extensions currently in experimental. Discussion on the possibilities of IoT and XMPP other technologies and the opportunity for the XMPP community.
+
 
A handson session connecting devices and testing them out.
+
* Joachim Lindborg: IoT extensions currently in experimental. Discussion on the possibilities of IoT and XMPP other technologies and the opportunity for the XMPP community.
 +
* WebRTC -- [http://hancke.name/jabber/summit15-webrtc.pdf slides]
 +
* Google summer of code, what when who
 +
* Interoptesting
 +
* MAM search
 +
* MUC 227
 +
* Remote Conferencing with XMPP: High level discussion on what we have, with reference to the IETF's VMeet work.
 +
* Akari Harada and Yusuke Doi: Progress report on XEP-0322 and its applications [https://www.dropbox.com/s/o2rffakg6s37de3/XMPP_Summit_2014.pdf slides]
 +
* Security - list the current weaknesses and then discuss DNSSEC, security test days and securing s2s
 +
* XMPP in the browser - Update on projects to bring XMPP to the browser started last year (xmpp-ftw/stanza.io)
 +
* How about the agenda with UPNP and their cloud project involving XMPP (and us as liaisons)
 +
* Push Notification XEP [https://cloudup.com/c223kt48cGZ slides]
 +
* Stanza Throttling/Buffering
 +
* 10 minute update on the work on the new XMPP.org website (second day if possible)
 +
* IQ response tracking in libraries (ralphm)
 +
* OAuth for XMPP (Simon and Lloyd)
 +
 
 +
= Short Talks and General Updates =
 +
 
 +
Please post to the summit@xmpp.org list if you would like to volunteer. Here are some possibilities:
 +
 
 +
* Joachim Lindborg: Hands on session with XMPP IoT devices try some XEP_0323 and 325 senosoring equipment
 +
* Steffen Larssen: TV/Media and XMPP: The possibilities. How to do second screen, remote logging etc.
  
TBD
+
 
 +
= FOSDEM =
 +
 
 +
Unlike previous years, there will not be a Jabber/XMPP developer room at FOSDEM. However, we ''will'' have the Realtime Lounge, together with Jitsi. See [[FOSDEM_2014|FOSDEM 2014]] for details.
  
  
Line 20: Line 48:
  
 
The following people plan to be there in person:
 
The following people plan to be there in person:
 +
(H) means checkin on  checkout on
 +
 +
* Abmar Barros (H - Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun)
 +
* Dave Cridland (H)
 +
* Yusuke DOI
 +
* Rodrigo Duarte (H - Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun)
 +
* Laura Gill (H) (summit only)
 +
* Philipp Hancke (H)
 +
* Akari Harada
 +
* Martin Hewitt (H) (Non-XSF Surevine - Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun)
 +
* Joe Hildebrand (H - Wed-Mon)
 +
* Steffen Larsen (H)
 +
* Joachim Lindborg (H)(thurs-sun)
 +
* Adam Linford
 +
* Richard Maudsley (H, summit-only) (Isode)
 +
* Spencer MacDonald
 +
* Ralph Meijer (H)
 +
* Edwin Mons (H)
 +
* Nobuo Ogashiwa
 +
* Emmanuel Gil Peyrot
 +
* Michal Piotrowski (H)
 +
* Jonathan Schleifer
 +
* Kevin Smith (H)
 +
* Lance Stout (H - Wed-Mon)
 +
* Stefan Strigler (H)
 +
* Mike Taylor (bear) (H)
 +
* Simon Tennant (H - Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun)
 +
* Winfried Tilanus (H)
 +
* Remko Tronçon (Thu)
 +
* Giacomo Vacca
 +
* Mili Verma (H) (Isode)
 +
* Ashley Ward (H)
 +
* Lloyd Watkin (H - Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun)
 +
* Matthew Wild (H)
 +
* Paul Witty (H) (leaving Saturday morning)
 +
* Florian Zeitz
  
* Joachim Lindborg
 
  
 
The following people plan to participate remotely some or all of the time:
 
The following people plan to participate remotely some or all of the time:
  
* [..]
+
* Sergey Dobrov
 +
* Valérian Saliou
 +
 
 +
Please keep the list sorted (on last name) when adding people.
  
 
= XSF Dinner =
 
= XSF Dinner =
  
As usual, the XSF will hold a dinner for XSF participants. The date, time and venue for the dinner is still TBD. XSF members attend for free and are allowed to bring one guest.
+
As usual, the XSF will hold a dinner for XSF participants on Saturday, February 1st 2014. XSF members attend for free and are allowed to bring one guest.
  
 +
=== Venue ===
 +
[http://www.aubergebretonne.be/ L'Auberge Bretonne]
 +
* 670 Brusselsesteenweg
 +
* Overijse 3090, Belgium
 +
 +
=== Sponsors ===
 
The following organizations and individuals have stepped up to sponsor the dinner:
 
The following organizations and individuals have stepped up to sponsor the dinner:
  
* [..]
+
* [http://www.isode.com/ Isode] : €1001
 +
* [http://andyet.net/ &yet] : €1000
 +
* [https://surevine.com/ Surevine] : €101
 +
* [https://surevine.com/ Surevine] : €101
 +
* [https://surevine.com/ Surevine] : €101
 +
* [https://surevine.com/ Surevine] : €101
 +
* [https://surevine.com/ Surevine] : €101
 +
* [https://surevine.com/ Surevine] : €101
 +
* [http://www.estos.de/ ESTOS] : €111.11
 +
* [http://chatid.com/ ChatID] : €111
 +
* [xmpp:dwd@dave.cridland.net Dave 'dwd' Cridland] : €110
 +
* [xmpp:bear@bear.im Mike 'Bear' Taylor] : €101
 +
* [xmpp:winfried@tilanus.com Winfried Tilanus] : €11
 +
* [xmpp:me@matthewwild.co.uk Matthew Wild] : €10
 +
* [https://xmpp-ftw.jit.su XMPP-FTW]: €1.11
 +
* [https://github.com/node-xmpp node-xmpp] :  €1.01
 +
* [xmpp:fippo@goodadvice.pages.de Philipp 'Fippo' Hancke] : €1
 +
* Your name here! Contact Dave Cridland or any other member of the XSF Board!
  
 
= Logistics =
 
= Logistics =
  
The venue is still TBD.
+
== Venue ==
 +
The Summit will be held at Cisco Systems Belgium's offices in [http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Cisco+Systems,+Diegem&ll=50.886805,4.448583&spn=0.002562,0.003691&hq=Cisco,+Diegem&radius=15000&t=h&z=18&vpsrc=6 Diegem] (just outside Brussels and accessible via local train from the city center).
  
We will have a block of rooms at the [http://www.myfavoritecourtyard.com/ Marriott Portland City Center] - details to follow soon!
+
Address: De Kleetlaan 6/B, 1831, Belgium.
 +
 
 +
== Times ==
 +
We'll be aiming to get there for 9:30 for a 10:00 start (local time).
 +
 
 +
== Hotel Booking ==
 +
 
 +
We got a block of rooms reserved at the Aloft Hotel -  [https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/StarGroupsWeb/res?id=1401152156&key=C2049 book here]
 +
 
 +
[http://www.starwoodhotels.com/alofthotels/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=3242 Aloft Brussels Schuman]
 +
* Place Jean Rey, Brussels 1040 Belgium
 +
* Phone: (32)(2) 800 0888
 +
* Fax: (32)(2) 645 6777
  
 
= Remote Participation =  
 
= Remote Participation =  
  
 
We will use the [xmpp:summit@muc.xmpp.org?join summit@muc.xmpp.org] chatroom for coordination and Google Hangouts with a YouTube broadcast for sharing audio and video. The Hangout is limited to 9 participants, so please join the Hangout only if you plan to ask questions or otherwise be actively involved in the voice and video aspects of the conversation.
 
We will use the [xmpp:summit@muc.xmpp.org?join summit@muc.xmpp.org] chatroom for coordination and Google Hangouts with a YouTube broadcast for sharing audio and video. The Hangout is limited to 9 participants, so please join the Hangout only if you plan to ask questions or otherwise be actively involved in the voice and video aspects of the conversation.
 +
 +
= GPG key signing =
 +
During the summit there will be the possibility to sign each others GPG keys. If you want to have your keys signed, please take along:
 +
* Key printouts with the following:
 +
** your first name and last name
 +
** the e-mail adresses and other id's you would like to have signed
 +
** the key-id and encryption method (eg: 4096R/1A2B3C4D)
 +
** key fingerprint (visible with: gpg -v --fingerprint 1A2B3C4D)
 +
* Some official ID with photo (e.g. Passport or drivers license)
 +
Prepared like this, it should not take more then 15 minutes to cross-sign the keys of everybody who is interested.
 +
More info can be found at: [http://wiki.debian.org/Keysigning Debian Wiki on Keysigning]. Some handy scripts for making mass-signing more easy can be found in the [http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/signing-party Signing party Debian package].
 +
 +
Here are the people who plan to participate:
 +
 +
* [https://bear.im/pubkey.txt Mike Taylor]  4096R/8EE5B4D8 0A93 9BA7 8203 FCBC 58A9 E8B5 9D1E 0661 8EE5 B4D8
 +
* Winfried Tilanus 4096R/62D66B3D 1292 1E01 F404 9F0B 04A3  489C 6E62 0C65 62D6 6B3D
 +
* Kevin Smith 4096R/2081A380  1431 FBAC 8E49 AA68 5542 20DA 6DAF E1C1 2081 A380
 +
* Edwin Mons 4096R/E623BFD2  62C4 81BC C19D DAF9 B776  6F07 BA29 DCD9 E623 BFD2
 +
* Ralph Meijer 4096R/4AB71678  D5BF 034A D323 56B5 FCB1  A476 D91A D42A 4AB7 1678
 +
* Remko Tronçon 8192R/3F4B0D61 E00B 5436 4600 75B9 05D1  C7BE F01E 29A2 3F4B 0D61

Latest revision as of 16:32, 22 October 2019


XMPP Summit 15

The XMPP Standards Foundation (XSF) will hold its 15th XMPP Summit on January 30+31 2014 the days before FOSDEM 2014.


If you would like to participate in the Summit, please join the summit@xmpp.org discussion list and post with your participation request. Space is not infinite, but we will try to accommodate all requests.

Meeting Notes

Summit_15_Minutes

Agenda

Possible topics:

  • Joachim Lindborg: IoT extensions currently in experimental. Discussion on the possibilities of IoT and XMPP other technologies and the opportunity for the XMPP community.
  • WebRTC -- slides
  • Google summer of code, what when who
  • Interoptesting
  • MAM search
  • MUC 227
  • Remote Conferencing with XMPP: High level discussion on what we have, with reference to the IETF's VMeet work.
  • Akari Harada and Yusuke Doi: Progress report on XEP-0322 and its applications slides
  • Security - list the current weaknesses and then discuss DNSSEC, security test days and securing s2s
  • XMPP in the browser - Update on projects to bring XMPP to the browser started last year (xmpp-ftw/stanza.io)
  • How about the agenda with UPNP and their cloud project involving XMPP (and us as liaisons)
  • Push Notification XEP slides
  • Stanza Throttling/Buffering
  • 10 minute update on the work on the new XMPP.org website (second day if possible)
  • IQ response tracking in libraries (ralphm)
  • OAuth for XMPP (Simon and Lloyd)

Short Talks and General Updates

Please post to the summit@xmpp.org list if you would like to volunteer. Here are some possibilities:

  • Joachim Lindborg: Hands on session with XMPP IoT devices try some XEP_0323 and 325 senosoring equipment
  • Steffen Larssen: TV/Media and XMPP: The possibilities. How to do second screen, remote logging etc.


FOSDEM

Unlike previous years, there will not be a Jabber/XMPP developer room at FOSDEM. However, we will have the Realtime Lounge, together with Jitsi. See FOSDEM 2014 for details.


Participants

The following people plan to be there in person: (H) means checkin on checkout on

  • Abmar Barros (H - Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun)
  • Dave Cridland (H)
  • Yusuke DOI
  • Rodrigo Duarte (H - Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun)
  • Laura Gill (H) (summit only)
  • Philipp Hancke (H)
  • Akari Harada
  • Martin Hewitt (H) (Non-XSF Surevine - Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun)
  • Joe Hildebrand (H - Wed-Mon)
  • Steffen Larsen (H)
  • Joachim Lindborg (H)(thurs-sun)
  • Adam Linford
  • Richard Maudsley (H, summit-only) (Isode)
  • Spencer MacDonald
  • Ralph Meijer (H)
  • Edwin Mons (H)
  • Nobuo Ogashiwa
  • Emmanuel Gil Peyrot
  • Michal Piotrowski (H)
  • Jonathan Schleifer
  • Kevin Smith (H)
  • Lance Stout (H - Wed-Mon)
  • Stefan Strigler (H)
  • Mike Taylor (bear) (H)
  • Simon Tennant (H - Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun)
  • Winfried Tilanus (H)
  • Remko Tronçon (Thu)
  • Giacomo Vacca
  • Mili Verma (H) (Isode)
  • Ashley Ward (H)
  • Lloyd Watkin (H - Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun)
  • Matthew Wild (H)
  • Paul Witty (H) (leaving Saturday morning)
  • Florian Zeitz


The following people plan to participate remotely some or all of the time:

  • Sergey Dobrov
  • Valérian Saliou

Please keep the list sorted (on last name) when adding people.

XSF Dinner

As usual, the XSF will hold a dinner for XSF participants on Saturday, February 1st 2014. XSF members attend for free and are allowed to bring one guest.

Venue

L'Auberge Bretonne

  • 670 Brusselsesteenweg
  • Overijse 3090, Belgium

Sponsors

The following organizations and individuals have stepped up to sponsor the dinner:

Logistics

Venue

The Summit will be held at Cisco Systems Belgium's offices in Diegem (just outside Brussels and accessible via local train from the city center).

Address: De Kleetlaan 6/B, 1831, Belgium.

Times

We'll be aiming to get there for 9:30 for a 10:00 start (local time).

Hotel Booking

We got a block of rooms reserved at the Aloft Hotel - book here

Aloft Brussels Schuman

  • Place Jean Rey, Brussels 1040 Belgium
  • Phone: (32)(2) 800 0888
  • Fax: (32)(2) 645 6777

Remote Participation

We will use the summit@muc.xmpp.org chatroom for coordination and Google Hangouts with a YouTube broadcast for sharing audio and video. The Hangout is limited to 9 participants, so please join the Hangout only if you plan to ask questions or otherwise be actively involved in the voice and video aspects of the conversation.

GPG key signing

During the summit there will be the possibility to sign each others GPG keys. If you want to have your keys signed, please take along:

  • Key printouts with the following:
    • your first name and last name
    • the e-mail adresses and other id's you would like to have signed
    • the key-id and encryption method (eg: 4096R/1A2B3C4D)
    • key fingerprint (visible with: gpg -v --fingerprint 1A2B3C4D)
  • Some official ID with photo (e.g. Passport or drivers license)

Prepared like this, it should not take more then 15 minutes to cross-sign the keys of everybody who is interested. More info can be found at: Debian Wiki on Keysigning. Some handy scripts for making mass-signing more easy can be found in the Signing party Debian package.

Here are the people who plan to participate:

  • Mike Taylor 4096R/8EE5B4D8 0A93 9BA7 8203 FCBC 58A9 E8B5 9D1E 0661 8EE5 B4D8
  • Winfried Tilanus 4096R/62D66B3D 1292 1E01 F404 9F0B 04A3 489C 6E62 0C65 62D6 6B3D
  • Kevin Smith 4096R/2081A380 1431 FBAC 8E49 AA68 5542 20DA 6DAF E1C1 2081 A380
  • Edwin Mons 4096R/E623BFD2 62C4 81BC C19D DAF9 B776 6F07 BA29 DCD9 E623 BFD2
  • Ralph Meijer 4096R/4AB71678 D5BF 034A D323 56B5 FCB1 A476 D91A D42A 4AB7 1678
  • Remko Tronçon 8192R/3F4B0D61 E00B 5436 4600 75B9 05D1 C7BE F01E 29A2 3F4B 0D61