XMPP Summit 13
The XMPP Standards Foundation (XSF) will hold its 13th XMPP Summit on Thursday, January 31 and Friday, February 1 in Brussels, Belgium. This is the Thursday and Friday before FOSDEM 2013.
The Summit will be held at Cisco Systems Belgium's offices in Diegem (just outside Brussels and accessible via local train from the city center).
If you would like to participate in the Summit, please join the firstname.lastname@example.org discussion list and post with your participation request. Space is not infinite, but we will try to accommodate all requests.
For activities on Saturday and Sunday, see the FOSDEM 2013 page.
General Discussion Topics
The XMPP Summit consists of intensive discussions among core XMPP developers to solve pressing problems in the XMPP protocol stack and general community. Although all are welcome, the XMPP Summit is not intended for people who are just interested in learning about XMPP (see the Saturday schedule at FOSDEM), but instead for active technical contributors in the XMPP community.
Likely technical topics include:
- XMPP and the Web (including WebRTC)
- XMPP and JSON (insert witty frankenstein comment here)
- Message Archive Management (XEP-0313)
- Message carbons (XEP-0280)
- Distributed chatrooms
- Internationalization (RFC6122bis)
If you have ideas for technical topics, please post them to the email@example.com discussion list.
The following people have volunteered to give talks and tutorials at various times (yet to be scheduled):
- 10 mins intro to XMPP and HTTP for media sharing
- Visualized XMPP tools -- Kosuke Watanabe, Akari Harada, Nobuo Ogashiwa
- Massive service discovery for webinos and M2M -- Victor Klos and Eelco Cramer
- XMPP as Middleware? -- Matthew Wild
- Challenges in XMPP and SIP interoperability -- Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
- XMPP with JSON -- Lance Stout
More information on the interop testing to be conducted can be found here: Interop summit11.
The following people will participate:
- Kim Alvefur
- John Atherton (Friday only)
- Paul Aurich
- Abmar Barros
- Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
- Nathan Fritz
- Adrian Georgescu
- Philipp Hancke
- Jonny Heavey
- Joe Hildebrand
- Waqas Hussain (we hope!)
- Florian Jensen
- Thomas Jost
- Severin Kistner
- Steffen Larsen
- Tobias Markmann (Friday only)
- Ralph Meijer
- Edwin Mons
- Mickaël Rémond
- Peter Saint-Andre
- Jonathan Schleifer
- Kevin Smith
- Lance Stout
- Stefan Strigler
- bear (Mike Taylor)
- Simon Tennant
- Winfried Tilanus
- Ashley Ward
- Lloyd Watkin
- Matthew Wild
- Florian Zeitz
There will be an official XSF Dinner on Thursday the 31st of January.
A shuttle bus will be provided from the official Hotel to the Restaurant and back.
Our Hotel is the ALoft Brussels.
The rates we have:
Nights 30 & 31 January 2013
160 € per single room per night, including breakfast and taxes 170 € per double room per night, including breakfast and taxes
Nights 01 & 02 February 2013
75 € per single room per night, including breakfast and taxes 85 € per double room per night, including breakfast and taxes
All information about the Hotel and the booking form can be found here: https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/Book/XMPP2013
Please do subscribe to the firstname.lastname@example.org discussion list to be notified about Summit details.
- Cisco office in Diegem: You can get the train from Schuman Station (opposite the Hotel) which takes about 30 minutes. Trains run every 30 minutes. You can find train schedules and route planner on NMBS.be. You can find a sample route here. Basically, take the Metro to central station and then follow the instructions from last year.
- FOSDEM: Take the Metro from Schuman to Montgomery. From there take the Tram 25 towards Boondael Gare. Get off at the stop ULB.