XMPP Summit 13
The XMPP Standards Foundation (XSF) will hold its 13th XMPP Summit on Thursday, January 31 and Friday, February 1 in Brussels, Belgium. This is the Thursday and Friday before FOSDEM 2013.
The Summit will be held at Cisco Systems Belgium's offices in Diegem (just outside Brussels and accessible via local train from the city center).
If you would like to participate in the Summit, please join the firstname.lastname@example.org discussion list and post with your participation request. Space is not infinite, but we will try to accommodate all requests.
For activities on Saturday and Sunday, see the FOSDEM 2013 page.
General Discussion Topics
The XMPP Summit consists of intensive discussions among core XMPP developers to solve pressing problems in the XMPP protocol stack and general community. Although all are welcome, the XMPP Summit is not intended for people who are just interested in learning about XMPP (see the Saturday schedule at FOSDEM), but instead for active technical contributors in the XMPP community.
Likely technical topics include:
- Internationalization (RFC6122bis)
- End-to-end encryption (RFC3923bis)
- Message carbons (XEP-0280)
- Distributed chatrooms
If you have ideas for technical topics, please post them to the email@example.com discussion list.
The following people have volunteered to give talks and tutorials at various times (yet to be scheduled):
More information on the interop testing to be conducted can be found here: Interop summit11.
The following people will participate:
- Ralph Meijer
- Edwin Mons
- Peter Saint-Andre
- Matthew Wild
- Cisco office in Diegem: You can get the train from Schuman Station (opposite the Hotel) which takes about 30 minutes. Trains run every 30 minutes. You can find train schedules and route planner on NMBS.be. You can find a sample route here. Basically, take the Metro to central station and then follow the instructions from last year.
- FOSDEM: Take the Metro from Schuman to Montgomery. From there take the Tram 25 towards Boondael Gare. Get off at the stop ULB.