FOSDEM 2015 (the Free and Open Source Software Developers' Europe Meeting) will take place on Saturday, January 31 and Sunday, February 1, 2015 in Brussels, Belgium.
(XSF) will again try to host the Realtime Lounge
Anyone applying to lightning talks? Lightning Talks.
FOSDEM 2015 will be preceded by XMPP Summit 17. See there for details.
The XSF needs your help to make FOSDEM a success!
Interesting xmpp talks
MongooseIM talk in testing and automation dev room sunday 1 feb 10:55
Michal Slaski will give a talk on testing massive scalable systems
Talk objectives: show from the ground up how to plan and execute load tests of a distributed service and distribute load generation
XMPP-IoT talk in Internet of things dev room sunday 1 feb 15:00
XMPP-IoT an open solution for things
A demo and talk around using XMPP to create open scalable and secure IoT systems between peers in different domains
- Demo of live devices locally and on the web.
- -The audience is invited to interact with them during the talk through phones and laptops
- An intro to the core concepts, reading and writing values in devices.
- A discussion on the security, scalability and interoperability, distributed vs. centralized solutions.
This year, we will again have an enormous stand, together with Jitsi, called the Realtime Lounge. That needs filling with people! We're aiming to showcase exciting and inventive XMPP-based projects, and we need your help both to provide things to demo, and hang out answering questions from the crowd.
Also, please volunteer to spend some time at the lounge so that our hardworking volunteers can do things like eat lunch or catch some talks! The lounge hours are 10:00-19:00 on Saturday and 10:00-17:00 on Sunday.
We are planning to host demonstrations at the lounge. If you would like to present a demo, please list it below.
- Iot devices: a few XMPP connected devices such as raspberries and alike (Joachim Lindborg)
From last year
- ikDisplay: Realtime waterfall display of social network updates (Ralph Meijer)
- Lounge lighting with Philips Hue bulbs and XMPP control (Ralph Meijer)
Gear and supplies
This is from last year
To set up the stand, the area around it and cater for demos, we need a number of things to make it a success. Please add your name behind supplies that we haven't sourced yet. FOSDEM will provide us with high-speed wireless internet access. If you need wired internet for your demos, please let Ralph Meijer know.
Note: because we can't put up things on the walls (by decree of the venue), we will rely on projectors to show information, sponsors, etc. on the walls.
- Tables, 2 for Jabber/XMPP, 2 for Jitsi (FOSDEM)
- Transport van (Ralph Meijer / Edwin Mons)
- Furniture and swag stored at Cisco (Ralph Meijer / Edwin Mons)
- Stepladder (Ralph Meijer)
- Light fixings and lights (Ralph Meijer)
- Projector #1 (Ash Ward)
- Projector #2 ()
- Projector #3 ()
- Signage ()
- Markers (Edwin / )
- Power extension cords / strips (Edwin / )
- Storage boxes (to be bought in Brussels, Ralph / Edwin / Bear)
- Toolbox (Edwin Mons)
While FOSDEM or our stand is free-of-cost itself, we do have some costs to organise it. This includes furniture, decoration and transport. Also, it is a tradition for the XSF to hold a dinner one evening during FOSDEM and the Summit. Sponsorship from individuals or organisations to help reduce the costs to attendees is always appreciated. As sponsors step forward they'll be listed at the Summit_17 page.
Who will be there
Please add your name if you plan to be there (ordered by family name):
- Joachim Lindborg
- Florian Schmaus