Alexander Gnauck Application 2010
I am 36 years old software developer located in Germany (Heilbronn). I met the jabber protocol in the year 2001, and the technology convinced me from the 1st day.
Since 2001 I'm programming, contributing and promoting Jabber/XMPP. Since 2003 I'm a member of the XSF. I served the XSF board in the years 2006, 2007 and 2008 and took over the secretary duties in 2006.
Active Jabber/XMPP Projects
- MatriX is a set of commercial XMPP libraries for the Microsoft .NET Framework written in managed c# oode. They are available for Silverlight, Mobile and Desktop.
- The agsXMPP SDK is cross platform open source (GPL or commercial) XMPP SDK written in c# for .NET, Mobile and Mono.
XSF working groups
- I'm a member of the admin team
- I am the secretary of the XSF
- I try to help newbies and other developers whenever possible.
- I try to convince individuals and cooperates from the XMPP technologies for IM or real-time collaboration business applications.
- My name is on no XEP yet, but I try to prove the XEPs and protocols with source code. I contribute to the protocols while implementing them, and discussions on the mailing lists or directly with the authors.
Why I'm reapplying
- I want to contribute with my activities and long time XMPP experience to the XSF.
- Jid: email@example.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org