Jump to navigation
Jump to search
Newer edit →
Ralph Meijer for Council 2008
Revision as of 08:26, 2 September 2008
1,061 bytes added
08:26, 2 September 2008
New page: == Me and Jabber == I've been active in the Jabber community since late 2000, and my involvement with, and contributions to, the community and the XSF in particular, has increased over ti...
== Me and Jabber ==
I've been active in the Jabber community since late 2000, and my involvement with, and contributions to, the community and the XSF in particular, has increased over time
as witnessed by my recent [http://wiki.jabber.org/index.php/Ralph_Meijer_Application_2008 XSF Membership Application]. Current focuses include working on the XMPP support in the [http://www.twistedmatrix.com/ Twisted networking framework] and a Jabber server based on that, along with my ongoing efforts to federate social networks using XMPP.
== Eighth Council Priorities ==
* Finish follow-up versions for the XMPP Core and XMPP IM RFCs.
* Find a good solution to file-transfer.
* Finish the Jingle suite (maybe tied to file-transfer).
* Get e2e encryption out there.
* Define best-practice documents and optionally new specifications to use XMPP next to HTTP in traditionally web-only applications.
== Why me? ==
I believe I can continue contributing productively in reviewing and progressing Jabber by offering my expertises to the XMPP Council for a fifth term.
Retrieved from "
Board of directors
Summits, Conferences & Meetups