Jump to navigation
Jump to search
Ian Paterson Application 2007
Revision as of 22:47, 27 January 2010
2,323 bytes added
22:47, 27 January 2010
no edit summary
== History ==
I have been interested in Jabber since 1999 and developing Jabber applications full-time since 2001. I have served as a member of the XSF Council since 2005.
== XEPs ==
I am the primary author of [http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0116.html XEP-0116], [http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0187.html XEP-0187], [http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0188.html XEP-0188], [http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0200.html XEP-0200], [http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0210.html XEP-0210], [http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0217.html XEP-0217] (all Encrypted Sessions), [http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0124.html XEP-0124], [http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0206.html XEP-0206] (both XMPP/HTTP), [http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0136.html XEP-0136] (Message Archiving), [http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0059.html XEP-0059] (Results Set Management), [http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0155.html XEP-0155] (Stanza Session Negotiation), [http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0189.html XEP-0189] (Public Key Publishing), [http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0158.html XEP-0158] and [http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0159.html XEP-0159] (both anti-SPIM).
I contribute to the development of many other protocols as a member of the JSF Council and by posting to the Standards-JIG mailing list (and occasionally to other lists).
== Current Software Development Activities ==
* [http://www.clientside.co.uk/#description.html Chatterbox] Web-client (I've pioneered [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AJAX AJAX] applications since 1998)
* [http://www.clientside.co.uk/#breakthru.html BreakThru] HTTP proxy server
I also manage a public Jabber server.
== Mentoring ==
During summers 2006 and 2007 I mentored Jan Sembera and Brendon Taylor to support their development of open source Encrypted Sessions code (see [http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0116.html XEP-0116]).
== Conferences ==
I gave a presentation on using XMPP to develop Rich Internet Applications at FOSDEM 2007.
== Plans ==
* Continue to develop the Chatterbox client and BreakThru server.
* Maintain the various XEPs of which I am an author.
* Contribute regularly to the Standards-JIG mailing list.
* Persuade companies to adopt XMPP based solutions (while selling [http://www.clientside.co.uk/ ClientSide's] products and services).
* Open a free public e2e encrypted Jabber service with an AJAX Web-client.
Retrieved from "
Board of directors
Summits, Conferences & Meetups