David Banes Application 2010
I have two active JID's: firstname.lastname@example.org for personal things and email@example.com I use for work.
My Email Address
Again, two: firstname.lastname@example.org is my personal address and email@example.com is my work address.
I am a co-founder of Cleartext P/L, a Sydney, Australia based software as a service(SaaS) messaging provider. Our main services are hosted business email and managed email security and compliance services. We've been offering hosted XMPP services for about 6-8 months. We're close to launching a new combined SaaS and desktop IM and micro-blogging service/product.
XMPP Related Activity
- Continual online promotion and evangelising of Jabber/XMPP technologies since 1999.
- I've been writing client side XMPP/Jabber code since 1999.
- Co-author of CipherIM and proprietary IM client converted to the Jabber protocol in 2000-2001.
- My company (Cleartext) has represented Jabber Inc and Jive Software (OpenFire) in Australia since 2005.
- I served as Director & Chairman of the XSF during the 2008-2009 period.
- Currently working on a cross platform XMPP IM and micro-blogging desktop client.
Why the XSF?
Because the net needs a standardised messaging protocol for IM, micro-blogging and other messaging use and the XSF needs support in it's efforts to promote XMPP.
-- David Banes, Founder, Cleartext
(Thanks to Dave Cridland for the template for this submission :)