Mike Taylor for Board 2011
I am Mike Taylor and I'm applying to continue to be a member of the XMPP Board
I was a member of the 2010-2011 Board and was appointed to be the Chairman.
I've been programming and leading open source and community projects for many years. The focus on open source began when I transitioned from commercial projects to open source when I joined the Open Source Applications Foundation in 2005 to work on the Chandler Project. I am now a part of Mozilla helping bring open web standards to the world.
I have actively advocated for, and used, XMPP in every job I've had from about 1999 onwards and I continue to try and explain/support XMPP every chance I get.
I helped run the XMPP Google Summer of Code for 2010 by being the Organizational Admin and I also ran the 2010 XMPP Meetup at OSCon.
I am currently the 2011 Org Admin for the XSF but have completely tossed Kev under the bus by not being very helpful this year - my goal is to improve that for the latter half of the GSoC season.
XMPP Related Work
- Pushing to get XMPP as a core part of the Mozilla Browser
- Contributions to SleekXMPP by being an early adopter of it and continuing to use it daily
- Contributions to Tigase XMPP Server by supporting the team and using it while at Seesmic
- Talking and advocating about XMPP
- Working on a test framework for client verification